A top of the range, precisely formulated milk replacer based on skimmed milk and containing specifically selected dairy products, highly digestible oils and proteins plus vitamins and minerals to meet the needs of fast-growing calves.
All Milkivit products contain Greenline™, a synergistic blend of nutritional ingredients designed to help support and maintain optimum health and animal performance.Milkivit formulations have been specifically developed using:
Features & Benefits
• Carefully selected milk solids with maximum nutritional value
• Balanced blends of vegetable fats and oils, homogenized and emulsified for maximum digestibility
• A full supplement of vitamins, minerals and trace elements
• Protein 23%
• Oil 18%
Calf Feeding Suggestions
• The calf It is essential that all calves receive high antibody colostrum (typically 10-15% of body weight) within the first 4-6 hours of life. Use of a colostrometer is recommended. Feed colostrum for 3-4 days before introduction to milk replacer.
• Milk feeding of newly-arrived, purchased calves should commence after a 6 hour rest period and an appropriate electrolyte treatment programme.
Volumes and Mixing
• Feed at least twice per day*. Mix at the rate of 125 g of powder to make 1 litre of mixed milk replacer; i.e. add 0.5 kg powder to 3.5 litres water (at 42oC) to make 4 litres. Feed 4 litres per calf per day at 39-40oC. Wean after 6 weeks once the calf is consuming at least 1 kg concentrates per day for 2 consecutive days.