Developed from extensive research into accelerated heifer rearing, this top of the range, high protein calf milk replacer is suitable for a range of feeding systems.The exceptionally high protein to oil ratio allows the calf to realise its potential for rapid early growth..
All Milkivit products contain Greenline™, a synergistic blend of nutritional ingredients designed to help support and maintain optimum health and animal performance.Milkivit formulations have been specifically developed using:
Features & Benefits
• Carefully selected milk solids with maximum nutritional value
• Balanced blends of vegetable fats and oils, homogenized and emulsified for maximum digestibility
• A full supplement of vitamins, minerals and trace elements
• Protein 26%
• Oil 17%
Calf Feeding Suggestions
• The calf It is essential that all calves receive high antibody colostrum (typically 10-15% of body weight) within the first 4-6 hours of life. Use of a colostrometer is recommended. Feed colostrum for 3-4 days before introduction to milk replacer.
• Milk feeding of newly-arrived, purchased calves should commence after a 6 hour rest period and an appropriate electrolyte treatment programme.
Volumes and Mixing
• Feed at least twice per day*. Mix at the rate of 125 g of powder to make 1 litre of mixed milk replacer; i.e. add 0.5 kg powder to 3.5 litres water (at 42oC) to make 4 litres. Feed 4 litres per calf per day at 39-40oC. Wean after 6 weeks once the calf is consuming at least 1 kg concentrates per day for 2 consecutive days.